MES SUCCESS STORY / CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS
A global CPG leader was approaching end-of-life for a mature custom plant-floor manufacturing system. A new shop floor system had to be implemented across their global manufacturing network, providing standardization across their operations to meet international production needs. To do this, a new approach to project management had to be adopted, and a platform that allowed for reusable, regionally configurable templates needed to be leveraged.
Q-mation’s Expert Services team worked with the customer to help design a centralized governance structure and standards approach that created a plant floor manufacturing system template that could be rolled out quickly and regionalized across their enterprise. The result was a centrally supported manufacturing execution system (MES) that met local requirements while providing standardized operations and data visibility to vital corporate stakeholders.
Location: United States
Software Products: AVEVA System Platform, AVEVA MES (Quality, Performance, Operations)
- Replace an aging custom plant floor reporting system approaching end-of-life
- Institute global standards and governance practice across roll out
- Automate data collection and implement standard production performance monitoring and reporting across the global organization
- Create a standardized supportable solution usable across four (4) global regions
- Deliver MES standardization across global operations
- Deliver a centralized governance structure and standards approach, as required for a sustainable, repeatable global rollout
- Formulate a pilot approach that would address different global regions
- The incremental approach allows for a base solution with four successful pilot projects in three geographic regions culminating in a single, standardized global application
- A highly governed solution adaptable to site needs
- Centrally managed and sustained through a center of excellence approach
- Governance and executive sponsorship sustained a multi-year rollout program across four (4) global regions
- Availability of at-line, automated downtime and quality data collection for all plants globally at operational headquarters
- Increased operational awareness and continuous improvement at each plant through actionable data and meaningful end-of-shift reports driven by real-time performance feedback
- Unified performance metrics across the enterprise
Contact us today to put our Expert Services team to work on your MES digital transformation project!
Certified MES Training
Q-mation offers a curriculum of training courses for a variety of AVEVA MES software products:
- System Platform I
- MES Operations and Performance
- MES Quality Module
- AVEVA Work Tasks
Go beyond training with our certified senior-level instructors who combine expert technical skills and knowledge of best practices to create real-work application experiences.