MES SUCCESS STORY / BUILDING PRODUCTS
A leading building products company needed to increase plant performance and consolidate differing legacy production systems across its facilities. Standardization of production processes across plants and the ability to report accurate information to their ERP system became the driving force in replacing their infrastructure with AVEVA MES.
Q-mation’s Expert Services team helped create a centralized governance team to establish corporate standards that could be templated and rolled out across the company’s North American manufacturing facilities. The result was the ability to measure plant performance with a consistent set of KPIs and integrate production metrics from each plant into their company ERP system, providing a standard infrastructure for driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Location: United States
Software Products: AVEVA System Platform, AVEVA MES (Quality, Performance, Operations)
- Replace and consolidate legacy production systems that varied from plant to plant, which were costly to maintain
- Standardize the metrics required to manage production across multiple North American plant locations
- Close the loop between collected plant floor production data and orders from the company’s ERP system
- Creating a solution to normalize and standardize production processes across all North American plants and eliminate disparate production processes and systems
- Building a set of agreed upon, supportable metrics to work across all plants and allow proper reporting back to ERP
- Developed standards with a central governance team and designed a centrally managed solution to collect data consistently per those standards
- Using these standards, our Expert Services team implemented AVEVA Performance to track machine and line performance, quality, and yield
- Track scrap counts based upon product, shift, target speed, and other context data to true reporting plant to plant
- Consistent data collection across all sites allowed management to measure production yields and scrap values, comparing performance across operations
- New solution is integrated with ERP and able to be enhanced consistently across sites to support CI initiatives
Contact us today to put our Expert Services team to work on your MES digital transformation project!
Certified MES Training
Q-mation offers a curriculum of training courses for a variety of AVEVA MES software products:
- System Platform I
- MES Operations and Performance
- MES Quality Module
- AVEVA Work Tasks
Go beyond training with our certified senior-level instructors who combine expert technical skills and knowledge of best practices to create real-work application experiences.