MES SUCCESS STORY / BREWERY
A popular craft brewer planned a significant expansion to align with increased product demand. Manufacturing needed to migrate from paper data collection and work instructions into real-time and automated data collection.
Working with Q-mation’s Expert Services team, the customer was able to standardize their plant floor System Platform SCADA environment and extend that solution to incorporate AVEVA MES, providing accurate, real-time views into production and performance and a framework for continuous improvement.
Location: United States
Software Products: AVEVA System Platform, AVEVA MES (Quality, Performance, Operations)
- Standardize the plant floor information management systems into a single, supportable environment
- Move away from paper-based processes to a system that provides a unified understanding of the plant production performance
- Provide plant operators and managers visibility of line performance KPIs to provide a real-time view of plant performance and production status
- The rapid expansion of the largest brewery had left the operation with multiple, disconnected legacy systems
- Consolidate core systems that had been maintained separately, based on differing standards
- Q-mation’s Expert Services team performed an audit of the core System Platform infrastructure and unified standards and structures, allowing the system to be further extended to solve the production challenges
- AVEVA MES was implemented to capture comprehensive genealogy and traceability data automatically
• Eliminated paper-based manual data collection
• Automated routine analysis by presenting real-time data from fermentation
- The resulting system provides an at-a-glance line and overall plant status (dashboards)
- The repurposed manual data collection effort allows operators to perform more value-added work
- Collected data is now available to drive continuous improvement efforts
Contact us today to put our Expert Services team to work on your MES digital transformation project!
Certified MES Training
Q-mation offers a curriculum of training courses for a variety of AVEVA MES software products:
- System Platform I
- MES Operations and Performance
- MES Quality Module
- AVEVA Work Tasks
Go beyond training with our certified senior-level instructors who combine expert technical skills and knowledge of best practices to create real-work application experiences.